Finding Locus of Complex Numbers Practice Worksheet :
Here we are going to see some example problems finding locus of complex numbers practice worksheet.
(1) If z = x + iy is a complex number such that |(z - 4i)/(z + 4i)| = 1 show that the locus of z is real axis. Solution
(2) If z = x + iy is a complex number such that im (2z + 1)/(iz + 1) = 0, show that locus of z is 2x2 + 2y2 + x - 2y = 0 Solution
(3) Obtain the Cartesian form of the locus of z = x + iy in each of the following cases:
(i) [Re (iz)]2 = 3
(ii) im [(1 - i)z + 1] = 0
(iii) |z + i| = |z - 1|
(iv) z bar = z-1 Solution
(4) Show that the following equations represent a circle, and, find its centre and radius
(i) |z - 2 - i| = 3
(ii) |2z + 2 − 4i| = 2
(iii) |3z − 6 +12i| = 8. Solution
(5) Obtain the Cartesian equation for the locus of z = x + iy in each of the following cases:
(i) |z − 4| = 16
(ii) |z − 4|2 - |z - 1|2 = 16 Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Finding Locus of Complex Numbers Practice Worksheet".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Finding Locus of Complex Numbers Practice Worksheet", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Point of intersection
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions