ELIMINATION METHOD WORKSHEETS
Elimination method worksheets :
Here we are going to see some practice questions of the topic elimination method. You can also find solution for each problems with detailed explanation.
Steps Involved in Elimination Method
A ordered pair (x₁,y₁) s called a solution to a
linear system in two variables if the values x = x₁ and y = y₁ satisfy
all the equations in the system.
Procedure for elimination method :
- Using the elimination method, we can eliminate any one of the variables by combining both equations.
- We can do elimination if and only if the coefficients are same. If they are different, then we have to make the coefficients as same and then we may continue elimination.
- If the coefficients along with the signs are same, we may do elimination by subtracting both the equations.
- If the signs are different and coefficients are same, then we may do elimination by adding both the equations.
- By applying the value of variable we get from the previous step in either of the equations, we will get the value of the remaining variable.
The flow chart given below will help us to understand the procedure better.
Solve each of the following system of equations by elimination method.
- x + 2 y = 7 , x – 2 y = 1 Solution
- 3 x + y = 8 , 5 x + y = 10 Solution
- x + y/2 = 4 , x / 3 + 2 y = 5 Solution
11 x - 7 y = x y
, 9 x - 4 y = 6 x y Solution
3/y + 5/x = 20/x y
, 2/x + 5/ y = 15/x y Solution
8 x – 3 y = 5 x y ,
6 x – 5 y = - 2 x y Solution
- 13 x+ 11 y = 70 ,11 x + 13 y = 74 Solution
- 65 x – 336 y = 97 , 33 x – 65 y = 1 Solution
- 15/ x + 2/y = 17 , 1/x + 1/y = 36/5
- 2/x + 2/3y = 1/6,3/x + 2/y = 0 Solution
After having gone through the stuff, we hope that the students would have understood "Elimination method"
Apart from the stuff given above, if you want to know more about "Elimination method worksheets", please click here
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
HCF and LCM word problems
Word problems on simple equations
Word problems on linear equations
Word problems on quadratic equations
Algebra word problems
Word problems on trains
Area and perimeter word problems
Word problems on direct variation and inverse variation
Word problems on unit price
Word problems on unit rate
Word problems on comparing rates
Converting customary units word problems
Converting metric units word problems
Word problems on simple interest
Word problems on compound interest
Word problems on types of angles
Complementary and supplementary angles word problems
Double facts word problems
Trigonometry word problems
Percentage word problems
Profit and loss word problems
Markup and markdown word problems
Decimal word problems
Word problems on fractions
Word problems on mixed fractrions
One step equation word problems
Linear inequalities word problems
Ratio and proportion word problems
Time and work word problems
Word problems on sets and venn diagrams
Word problems on ages
Pythagorean theorem word problems
Percent of a number word problems
Word problems on constant speed
Word problems on average speed
Word problems on sum of the angles of a triangle is 180 degree
Profit and loss shortcuts
Times table shortcuts
Time, speed and distance shortcuts
Ratio and proportion shortcuts
Domain and range of rational functions
Domain and range of rational functions with holes
Graphing rational functions
Graphing rational functions with holes
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions
Decimal representation of rational numbers
Finding square root using long division
L.C.M method to solve time and work problems
Translating the word problems in to algebraic expressions
Remainder when 2 power 256 is divided by 17
Remainder when 17 power 23 is divided by 16
Sum of all three digit numbers divisible by 6
Sum of all three digit numbers divisible by 7
Sum of all three digit numbers divisible by 8
Sum of all three digit numbers formed using 1, 3, 4
Sum of all three four digit numbers formed with non zero digits
Sum of all three four digit numbers formed using 0, 1, 2, 3
Sum of all three four digit numbers formed using 1, 2, 5, 6