Constructing pictographs :
The ultimate aim of constructing pictographs is to understand the information easily.
Let us see, how to construct pictographs.
Example 1 :
The number of people who visited the tourism trade fair in 5 weeks is given in the following table.
No. of people
The following pictograph represents the above information.
Pictograph of the number of people who visited the tourism trade fair in 5 weeks.
1. How many of them visited the fair in the 1st week?
2. Which week had maximum visitors?
3. Which week had minimum visitors?
4. Find the total number of visitors who enjoyed the fair?
1. 40,000 people visited in the first week.
2. Maximum people visited in the fifth week
3. Minimum people visited in the fourth week
4. Total number of visitors in the fair = 2,50,000
Example 2 :
The manufacturing of cars in a factory during the years 2005 to 2009 is given in the following table.
No. of cars
Pictograph of the manufacture of cars in a car factory during the years 2005 to 2009.
1. In which year the minimum number of cars were manufactured?
2. Find the year in which the number of cars manufactured was 3000.
3. Find the total number of cars manufactured up to 2008 (inclusive of 2008).
4. Find the total number of cars manufactured in 2008 and 2009.
1. Minimum number of cars were manufactured in 2007.
2. 3000 cars were manufactured in 2006.
3. 10,000 cars were manufactured up to 2008.
(2000 + 3000 + 1000 + 4000 = 10,000)
4. 9000 cars were manufactured in 2008 and 2009.
Example 3 :
See the pictograph and answer the questions.
Pictograph of the total number of girls studied in a school in the years 2006 to 2010.
1. Find the year in which the minimum numbers of girls studied.
2. Find the year in which the maximum number of girls studied.
3. Find the year in which the number of girls studied was 600.
4. Find the difference between the maximum number of students and minimum number of students.
5. Say true or false :
Equal number of girls studied in the year 2008 and 2009.
3. 2008, 2009
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood "Construction of pictographs".
Apart from the stuff given above, if you want to know more about "Constructing pictographs, please click here.
Apart from the stuff given on this web page, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
MATH FOR KIDS
HCF and LCM word problems
Word problems on quadratic equations
Word problems on comparing rates
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions