Conjugate Property of Complex Numbers Practice Worksheet :
Here we are going to see some example problems to understand conjugate properties of complex numbers .
(1) Write the following in the rectangular form:
(i) [(5 + 9i) + (2 − 4i)] whole bar
(ii) (10 - 5i)/(6 + 2i)
(iii) 3i bar + 1/(2 - i) Solution
(2) If z = x + iy , find the following in rectangular form.
(i) Re (1/z)
(ii) Re (i z bar)
(iii) Im(3z + 4zbar − 4i) Solution
(3) If z1 = 2 − i and z2 = −4 + 3i , find the inverse of z1 z2 and z1/z2 Solution
(4) The complex numbers u,v , and w are related by (1/u) = (1/v) + (1/w) if v = 3 - 4i and w = 4 + 3i, find u in rectangular form. Solution
(5) Prove the following properties:
(i) z is real if and only if z = z bar
(ii) Re(z) = (z + z bar)/2
(6) Find the least value of the positive integer n for which (√3 + i)n (i) real (ii) purely imaginary. Solution
(7) (i) Show that (i) (2 + i√3)10 - (2 - i√3)10 is purely imaginary
(ii) [(19 - 7i)/(9 + i)]12 + [(20 - 5i)/(7 - 6i)]12 is real
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Conjugate Property of Complex Numbers Practice Worksheet".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Conjugate Property of Complex Numbers Practice Worksheet", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Point of intersection
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions