Addition Theorem of Probability Worksheet :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on addition theorem of probability.
(1) If A and B are mutually exclusive events P(A) = 3/8 and P(B) = 1/8, then find (i) P(A') (ii) P(A U B) (iii) P(A' n B) (iv) P(A' U B') Solution
(2) If A and B are two events associated with a random experiment for which P(A) = 0.35, P(A or B) = 0.85, and P(A and B) = 0.15. Find (i) P(only B) (ii) P(B') (iii) P(only A) Solution
(3) A die is thrown twice. Let A be the event, ‘First die shows 5’ and B be the event, ‘second die shows 5’. Find P(A∪B) . Solution
(4) The probability of an event A occurring is 0.5 and B occurring is 0.3. If A and B are mutually exclusive events, then find the probability of (i) P(A U B) (ii) P(A n B') (iii) P(A' n B). Solution
(5) A town has 2 fire engines operating independently. The probability that a fire engine is available when needed is 0.96.
(i) What is the probability that a fire engine is available when needed?
(ii) What is the probability that neither is available when needed? Solution
(6) The probability that a new railway bridge will get an award for its design is 0.48, the probability that it will get an award for the efficient use of materials is 0.36, and that it will get both awards is 0.2. What is the probability, that (i) it will get at least one of the two awards (ii) it will get only one of the awards. Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Addition Theorem of Probability Worksheet"
Apart from the stuff given in "Addition Theorem of Probability Worksheet", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
Aptitude test online
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
MATH FOR KIDS
Time and work word problems
Pythagorean theorem word problems
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions
L.C.M method to solve time and work problems