In this page synthetic division question1 we are going to see solution of first problem with step by step explanation.
Find the quotient and remainder using synthetic division
( x³ + x² - 3 x + 5 ) ÷ ( x - 1 )
Let p (x) = x³ + x² - 3 x + 5 be the dividend and q (x) = x - 1 be the divisor. We shall find the quotient s(x) and the remainder r, by proceeding as follows.
q (x) = 0
x - 1 = 0
x = 1
Step 1: Arrange the dividend and the divisor according to the descending powers of x and then write the coefficients of dividend in the first zero. Insert 0 for missing terms.
Step 2: Find out the zero of the divisor.
Step 3: Put 0 for the first entry in the second row.
Step 4: Write down the quotient and remainder accordingly. All the entries except the last one in the third row constitute the coefficients of the quotient. synthetic division question1
When P (x) is divided by (x - 1), the quotient is x² + 2 x - 1 and the remainder is 4.
Quotient = x² + 2 x - 1
Remainder = 4
(1) Find the quotient and remainder using synthetic division ( x³ + x² - 3 x + 5 ) ÷ ( x - 1 ) Solution
(2) Find the quotient and remainder using synthetic division ( 3 x³ - 2 x² + 7 x - 5 ) ÷ ( x + 3 ) Solution
(3) Find the quotient and remainder using synthetic division ( 3 x³ + 4 x² - 10 x + 6 ) ÷ ( 3 x - 2 ) Solution
(4) Find the quotient and remainder using synthetic division ( 3 x³ - 4 x² - 5 ) ÷ ( 3 x + 1 ) Solution
(5) Find the quotient and remainder using synthetic division ( 8 x⁴ - 2 x² + 6 x - 5 ) ÷ ( 4 x + 1 ) Solution
(7) If the quotient on dividing (x⁴ + 10 x³ + 35 x² + 50 x + 29) by (x + 4) is x³ - a x² + b x + 6, then find a, b and also the remainder. Solution
(8) If the quotient on dividing (8 x⁴ - 2 x² + 6 x - 7) by (2 x + 1) is 4 x³ + p x² - q x + 3, then find p, q and also the remainder. Solution
synthetic division question1 synthetic division question1
Quote on Mathematics
“Mathematics, without this we can do nothing in our life. Each and everything around us is math.
Math is not only solving problems and finding solutions and it is also doing many things in our day to day life. They are:
It subtracts sadness and adds happiness in our life.
It divides sorrow and multiplies forgiveness and love.
Some people would not be able accept that the subject Math is easy to understand. That is because; they are unable to realize how the life is complicated. The problems in the subject Math are easier to solve than the problems in our real life. When we people are able to solve all the problems in the complicated life, why can we not solve the simple math problems?
Many people think that the subject math is always complicated and it exists to make things from simple to complicate. But the real existence of the subject math is to make things from complicate to simple.”