Solving Problems Based on Cubic Equation for Grade 12 Worksheet :
Here we are going to see some practice questions based on cubic equation.
(1) If the sides of a cubic box are increased by 1, 2, 3 units respectively to form a cuboid, then the volume is increased by 52 cubic units. Find the volume of the cuboid. Solution
(2) Construct a cubic equation with roots
(i) 1, 2 and 3 (ii) 1,1, and −2 (iii) 2, 1/2 and 1.
(3) If α , β and γ are the roots of the cubic equation x3 + 2x2 + 3x + 4 = 0 , form a cubic equation whose roots are
(i) 2α , 2β , 2γ
(ii) 1/α, 1/β, 1/γ
(iii) −α, -β, -γ Solution
(4) Solve the equation 3x3 −16x2 + 23x − 6 = 0 if the product of two roots is 1. Solution
(5) Find the sum of squares of roots of the equation 2x4 −8x3 + 6x2 − 3 = 0. Solution
(6) Solve the equation x3 − 9x2 + 14x + 24 = 0 if it is given that two of its roots are in the ratio 3: 2. Solution
(7) If α, β and γ are the roots of the polynomial equation ax3 + bx2 + cx + d = 0 , find the Value of ∑ α/βγ in terms of the coefficients Solution
(8) If α, β, γ and δ are the roots of the polynomial equation 2x4+ 5x3 − 7x2 + 8 = 0 , find a quadratic equation with integer coefficients whose roots are α + β + γ + δ and αβγδ. Solution
(9) If p and q are the roots of the equation lx2 + nx + n = 0, show that √(p/q) + √(q/p) + √(n/l) = 0 Solution
(10) If the equations x2 + px + q = 0 and x2 + p'x + q' = 0 have a common root, show that it must be equal to (pq'-p'q)/q q' or (q - q') / (p' - p) Solution
(11) Formalate into a mathematical problem to find a number such that when its cube root is added to it, the result is 6. Solution
(12) A 12 metre tall tree was broken into two parts. It was found that the height of the part which was left standing was the cube root of the length of the part that was cut away. Formulate this into a mathematical problem to find the height of the part which was cut away Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Solving Problems Based on Cubic Equation for Grade 12 Worksheet".
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Decimal place value worksheets
Area and perimeter
Different forms equations of straight lines
MATH FOR KIDS
HCF and LCM word problems
Word problems on quadratic equations
Word problems on comparing rates
Ratio and proportion word problems
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions