Factoring Quadratic Equations Worksheet :
In this section, we will see how to factor the given polynomial.
We follow the steps provided below to factor a quadratic equation.
Step 1 :
Write the equation in form ax2 + bx + c.
Step 2 :
If the coefficient of x2 is 1, we have to take the constant term and split it into two factors such that the product of those factors must be equal to the constant term and simplified value must be equal to the middle term.
If the coefficient of x2 is not 1, we have to multiply the constant term along with the coefficient of x2.Split the product into two factors.
Step 3 :
Rewrite the middle with those numbers.
Step 4 :
Factor the first two and last two separately.
(1) Factor x² + 6 x + 5 Solution
(2) Factor x2 + 2x - 35 Solution
(3) Factor x2 - 6x - 7 Solution
(4) Factor x2 - 18x + 65 Solution
(5) Factor x2 + 5 x + 6 Solution
(6) Factor x² - 2x - 15 Solution
(7) Factor x² - 4x + 3 Solution
(8) Factor y2 - 21y - 72 Solution
(9) Factor x² + 13x + 30 Solution
(10) Factor x² + 22x + 21 Solution
(11) Factor x² + 3x - 28 Solution
(12) Factor x² - x - 30 Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood how to factor quadratic equations.
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
Solving quadratic equations by completing square
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
Point of intersection
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions