In this page 6th grade math worksheets 6 , you will find 10 questions
in various topics of math. You may try each questions on your own and
you may check the answer immediately by using the submit button. This
question paper will be in the form of quiz.
this webpage, we give 6th grade math worksheets 6 online test which
can be taken
by any one without any login credentials. At the end of the test,
students can check their score instantly and also they can view detailed
answer for all the questions. We hope, this online practice test will
be a great boost for the students. We give detailed solution for every
question of this worksheet. If you find it difficult to do any
problem,please click the link view solution for each question. You will
get detailed solution.
1.The sum of (-3) and (-8) is
2. A work was assigned to me on a Tuesday. I completed to work after 72 days. On what day, i completed the work.
3. Find the value of “x”
4. Evaluate : (2/3) + (1/3) - 1
5. A Person hears a sound from some where. The sound travels one mile for five seconds. If the person is 10 miles away from the place where the sound is made, how long does it take for the sound to reach the person?
6. James travels in his car at the rate of 50 miles per hour. If he wants to travel 275 miles, how long will it take for him to reach his destination?
7. Mike earns 5.5% commission on his cell phone sales. In may, he earned a total of $428.56 in commissions. What was his sales that month?
8. Ronald starts to work in an office with the initial salary of $2000. Every year he gets increment of $100. What will be his salary in his 25 th year?
9. Sophia has a garden whose measurements are 30 feet by 40 feet. She wants to put a sidewalk around the garden that is 3 feet wide. What is the area of the sidewalk in feet?
10. Mr. Ken wants to buy a TV set. The list price of TV set is $ 1500. The seller allows a discount of 10% from the list price and charges 10% tax on cash paid after discount. How much does Mr.Ken have to pay?
Explanation for question No 1
Since both numbers are having same symbol,we have to add these numbers and we have to put the larger number symbol.
-3 + (-8) = -11
So the correct answer for this question is -11 option A
Explanation for question No 2
Tuesday corresponds to 2 in 7 day clock arithmetic.
We want to know the day which is 72 days after Tuesday.
To get answer for our question, we have to do the following steps.
Step1: Add 72 to 2
Step2: Divide the result by the divisor 7
Step3: Take the remainder
72 + 2 = 74
When 74 is divided by 7, the remainder is 4
4 corresponds to Thursday.
Hence, John completed the work on Thursday.
So the correct answer for this question is Thursday option B
Explanation for question No 3
Sum of angles in a straight line is 180
x + 55 = 180
x = 180 - 55
x = 125
So the correct answer for this question is 125 option B
Explanation for question No 4
(2/3) + (1/3) - 1
First,let us consider the denominators
The denominators are not same,so we have to take L.C.M to make it as same.
= (2/3) + (1/3) - 1 x (3/3)
= (2/3) + (1/3) - (3/3)
= (2 + 1 - 3)/3
= (3 - 3)/3
So the correct answer for this question is 0 option B
Explanation for question No 5
Distance covered by the sound for 5 seconds = 1 mile
Distance covered by the sound for X seconds = 10 mile
5 x 10 = X x 1
50 = X
Time taken by the sound to reach 10 miles = 50 seconds
So the correct answer for this question is 50 seconds option B
Explanation for question No 6
Distance covered by the car in 1 hour = 50 miles
From this we have to find the time taken by the car to travel 275 miles.
1 hour -> 50 miles
X hours -> 275 miles
this comes under the topic direct proportion
1 x 275 = 50 x X
275 = 50 X
50 X = 275
X = 275/50
X = 5.5 hours Therefore time taken by the car to cover the distance of 275 miles = 5 hours 30 minutes
So the correct answer for this question is 5 hours 30 minutes option A
Explanation for question No 7
Total commission amount in that particular month = $ 428.56
Let "X" be the selling price of the particular month
5.5 % of X = $ 428.56
(5.5/100) x X = 428.56
X = 428.56 x (100/5.5)
X = 42856/5.5
X = 7792
So the correct answer for this question is 7792 option B
Explanation for question No 8
Initial salary of Ronald = $2000
His salary is increasing every year by $ 100
a = 2000 d = 100
from this we have to find the 25th term
tn = a + (n - 1)d
t25 = 2000 + (25 - 1)100
= 2000 + 24 (100)
= 2000 + 2400
So the correct answer for this question is $4800 option B
Explanation for question No 9
Length of the garden = 40 ft
Breadth of the garden = 30 ft
width of the path around the garden = 3 ft
Area of rectangle = length x breadth
length around the garden = 40 + 3 + 3 = 46 ft
Breadth around the garden = 30 + 3 + 3 = 36 ft
Area of the path = (46 x 36) - (40 x 30)
= 1656 - 1200
So the correct answer for this question is 456 square ft option B
Explanation for question No 10
List price of TV = $ 1500
Selling price of Tv = 1500 - 10% of 1500
= 1500 - (10 x 1500)/100
= 1500 - 15000/100
= 1500 - 150
Discount amount = 10 % of 1350
Cost of TV after tax and discount = 1350 + 135
= $ 1485
So the correct answer for this question is $ 1485 option C