This page 10th CBSE math solution for exercise 6.2 is going to provide you solution for every problems that you find in the exercise no 5.3
(1) In fig 6.17 (i) and (ii) DE ∥ BC. Find EC in (i) and AD in (ii)
(2) E and F are points on the sides PQ and PR respectively of a ∆ PQR. For each of the following cases,state whether EF
(i) PE = 3.9 cm , EQ = 3 cm,PF = 3.6 cm and FR = 2.4 cm
(ii) PE = 4 cm , EQ = 4.5 cm,PF = 8 cm and FR = 9 cm
(iii) PQ = 1.28 cm PR = 2.56 cm PE = 0.18 cm and PF = 0.36 cm
(3) In fig 6.18,if LM ∥ CB and LN ∥ CD prove that (AM/AB) = (AN/AD)
(4) In fig 6.19,DE ∥ AC and DF ∥ AE. prove that (BF/FE) = (BE/EC)
(5) In fig 6.20 DE ∥ OQ and DF ∥ OR .show that EF ∥ QR
(6) In fig 6.21, A,B and C are points on OP,OQ and OR respectively such that AB ∥ PQ and AC ∥ PR.Show that BC ∥ QR
(7) Using theorem 6.1,prove that a line draawn through the midpoint of one side of a triangle parallel to another side bisects the third side.
(8) Using theorem 6.2 prove that the line joining the midpoint of any two sides of a triangle is parallel to the third side
(9) ABCD is a trapezium in which AB ∥ DC and its diagonals intersect each other at the point O. Show that (AO/BO) = (CO/DO)
(10) The diagonals of a quadrilateral ABCD intersect each other at the point O such that (AO/BO) = (CO/D0). show that ABCD is a trapezium.